Friday, February 19, 2010

Why God loves Tiger Woods

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, and put a new and right spirit within me. Cast me not away from Your presence, and take not Your Holy Spirit from me." Psalm 51:10-11
Personally, I give Tiger a lot of credit for having the courage to ask the above in front of the whole world. He could have done it privately, which wouldn't have held him accountable to anyone, but himself. That didn't work too well before. Now he has told the whole world and has asked for help. What else could anyone do, even any of us?
He and his family are in my prayers, as are all of you. He is undoubtedly one of the greatest golfers to ever play the game. Almost all of us have probably watched him play, hoping he would show us that greatness. Why not hope the same thing for him as a person?
At the same time Tiger was giving the statement, I was reading a post from a friend. He was saying he watched an animated version of Dante's Inferno. The big message I got from my friend's post was that God loves us so much that, for God, forgiveness is easy. Cool! That's why I do what I do. Hoping that everyone can come to understand that.
God loves it when we believe we can do better. The number one thing God asks of all people is to love God with all we are and to love our neighbor as ourselves. Everything else is details. I choose to live toward the bigger target and let the details fall into place after that! Go for it, Tiger! Go for it, all of you!

2 comments:

  1. God knows we all need forgiveness at times in our lives ... Sometimes I feel for celebrities and others of "high profile", in that their mistakes (unlike ours) our so often displayed for everyone to see ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is easy to beg forgiveness with so much to loose. His walk the talk will prove how serious he is. He can do great things with his resourses, this should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete